Slow Feed - Full Bale Freedom Feeder - Capacity: 3 String Bale
Provide "Pastures in a Net" and help your horse live a happier, healthier, and more natural life!
- Great for Horses & Humans: High fiber forage available 24/7 makes the horse happy, and a streamlined feeding process with fewer chores makes humans happy!
- Mitigate Behavioral & Physical Issues: Feeding more hay may eliminate anxiety around meal time, reduce the likelihood of colic, and vices such as weaving or pacing.
- Largest Capacity Size: Our Full Bale Net provides the longest span between fills, making it ideal for reduced chore time or multiple horse situations. 5.5' x 4' net will hold an entire 110 pound 3-string hay bale, which will last a single horse 5-7 days on average.
- Easy to Use: Roomy pillowcase style opening makes loading a breeze, with a red parachute cord to close the opening, while the 2 large carabiners and handy cords allow it to be hung effortlessly and in a multitude of situations.
Available in three mesh sizes:
- FF-FB1: 1″ mesh openings for SMALLER grazing animals. We recommend that you start transition with 1.5″ mesh then slow them down further using 1″ mesh only if necessary.
- FF-FB1.5: 1.5″ mesh openings, the optimal size to mimic grazing and slow consumption in most animals.
- FF-FB2: 2″ mesh openings, perfect for aggressive eaters and larger horses. You may need to go down to a smaller mesh size once horse is transitioned.
When introducing a horse to free feeding with a net, the horse may eat their ration quickly until they realize that they will have continual access to forage. Once acclimated, and they trust that they will not be without hay, this net will require filling every 5-7 days for a average sized, single horse.